I am a big believer in the power of emotional intelligence and part of the competency framework is self awareness. Being unaware, we unconsciously engage our default behavior. Only when we become aware of something, are we able to make choices as to the action we wish to take.
Sometimes, just being aware, allows the problem to solve us–rather than requiring us to solve the problem.
We only perceive how the world works and our unique perception is based upon who we are and what we are aware of that is happening around us.
Consider the following:
- Beliefs influence perception.
- Perception structures reality.
- Reality suggests possibilities.
- Possibilities generate choices.
- Choices initiate actions.
- Actions affect outcomes.
- Outcomes impact beliefs.
- Awareness facilitates change.